We want your membership in POWER to benefit you personally as well as help fill the needs in our community. When you become a member of POWER, events are available to you for a small fee, and usually include lunch or light refreshments. Listed below are some of the programs that we have conducted in order to give members information on health, fitness and personal growth.
- Annual Membership Luncheons include a keynote speaker, lunch and social time.
- New Power-ful You January 2016: This event featured topics for women and three speakers. Dr. Schulte spoke about women’s health and wellness, Kathy Ambos spoke about the importance of exercise and fitness and Abbey Bensman talked about healthy eating. Lunch featured health Mediterranean foods.
- Celebrating Women & Wellness Event October 2014: Working with the professionals at Wilson Memorial, members learned more about women’s health issues including breast cancer and annual exams.
- Tour to Understand October 2014: Members took a bus to many United Way Agencies and had the opportunity to understand
first hand how local dollars and volunteering help those in our community.
- Appreciation Events include an activity and socialization.