In order to fulfill our mission, POWER seeks projects and programs in Shelby County that need our volunteers, financial assistance or media coverage. We are ready to consider your project or program. Please click here to submit a Project/Program form for our consideration.
If you are interested in helping with one of our current projects, please see the list below or contact email@example.com. Below we have also listed many of the past Projects and Programs for which we have assisted.
If you would like to view other Shelby County United Way organizations that need our help, please click here.
POWER Annual Programs and Projects
- E.M.POWER E.D. – Tutoring at Longfellow Kindergarten classes and Feed the Family Nights
- Shelby County Special Olympics – Helping athletes get to their event
- Summer Backpack Program – Fill bags of food for local children’s weekend meals
- Safety Town – Aid local police with this educational program
2016 Programs and Projects
- November – POWER donated $1,000 towards the Salvation Army Angel Tree Program
- September – POWER donated $1,000 towards the Salvation Army School Tools kits
- August 6 – Repainting of the Born Learning Trail, Tawawa Park Sidney
- EmPOWERed at Longfellow, Tutoring every Tuesday 8:45 – 9:30 Kindergarten. Multiple Family Nights with dinner and activities, two Mobile Learning Labs
- June 25: Kids Around the Square, 10:15 a.m. – noon. Encourage kids to sign up for the imagination library, and recruit POWER members.
- July 5 – 8: Safety Town, 9:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. OR 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Officer Mike McRill could use our help – 1 volunteer per time slot, to help with Safety Town at the downtown police station. Children are 4-7 years old. POWER donated $600 for the purchase of new Big Wheels.
- July 19: Columbus Zoo Chaperone for Wilma Valentine Learning Center, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Volunteers would have a maximum of 2 children to chaperone for this trip.
- June 1 – August 3, every Wednesday,9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Pack food for the City of Sidney Summer Backpack Program., at the Sidney Service Center 415 S. Vandemark Rd. POWER donated $1000 towards food purchases.
- This Summer – one Friday evening or Saturday morning – paint the Born Learning Trail at Tawawa Park. Details coming.
- Community Garden and the Alpha Center, POWER collected gift certificates and supplies for the garden that is a Juvenile Court project
- April – Sidney Middle School Wellness activities, POWER donated $165 to help purchase fitness games and snacks for the 5th grade event.
- April 30: Special Olympics, noon – 4:00 p.m. at the Sidney Middle School. Volunteers are needed to escort the athletes during the event.
- Born Learning Trails at Fort Loramie Library and Anna. POWER buys the signs that are needed to complete the project.
2015 Programs and Projects
- EmPOWERed at Longfellow, Tutoring every Tuesday 8:45 – 9:30 Kindergarten. Multiple Family Nights with dinner and activities.
- Community Garden donations from Members
- $1000 donated to the Imagination Library
- $1000 donated to the Salvation Army Angel Tree which filled the gap for every child to receive shoes, pants, tops, socks and underwear. An anonymous donor gave another $1000 after seeing our press release.
- Elizabeth New Life Center – POWER hosted a POWER Shower at the center in order to members to tour, donate needed items and learn about the Mother’s Mentoring Program. POWER also donated $500 towards the new mother’s gift bags.
- Special Olympics – POWER members helped escort the athletes on their special day
- Imagination Library begins in Shelby County.